Cheap, No-Frills New Zealand
Hugo is a cheap way to travel New Zealand. Perfect for the backpacker-on-a-budget or any independent traveller, Hugo campervan rentals are older, higher-mileage vehicles. And whilst Hugo Campers are a little rough around the edges, they are comfortable, economical yet rugged and reliable.
We also support you on the road with our 24 hour roadside assistance programme. So save on your transport and put it towards that once-in-a-lifetime New Zealand adventure. Because to hire from Hugo campervans is cheap…Real Cheap!
Hugo Campervans is Open for Business!
Book Early and Save!
An Hugo Campervan is a great way to experience this wonderful country of ours…
- Really great value! Hugo’s ‘rough and ready’ campers are available during summer from as little as $29 per day.
- 24 On the Road Support. If there’s an issue with your camper, we have 24 hour roadside assistance to keep you moving.
- Easy to Drive. Our campervans are rugged, reliable, comfortable…and really easy to drive.
- Easy to Book. Use our online booking system. A $99 deposit will reserve your Hugo camper for the summer and that deposit is fully refundable if you cancel just 7 or more days prior to your scheduled camper collection.
COVID 19 UPDATE AUGUST 2020
As at 14 August 2020, New Zealand introduced new COVID 19 Alert Levels which sees Auckland at Level 3 and the rest of New Zealand at Level 2. These new restrictions are in place until 26 August 2020 and this is what it means for Hugo Rentals and our hirers:
- There will be no pick-ups from our Auckland depot during level 3 (until 26 August). If you had a booking scheduled for pick-up within this lockdown period, our Customer Service staff will have contacted you already to make alternative arrangements (or you can contact us anytime via email or phone and we’ll get you sorted).
- Same with Auckland depot drop-offs. If you haven’t heard from us already, contact Hugo and we’ll make arrangements for the return of your camper. Please note that there are border controls currently around the Auckland City boundaries which we will need to account for.
- Under Alert Level 2, our Christchurch depot is operating ‘business as usual’, but please consider the Auckland boundary border-controls when planning your travel itinerary. Feel free to contact us to discuss this.
For both depots, campervan collections and drop offs will be by appointment only.
If you’re already travelling with Hugo, you can liaise with us via phone or email to make an appointment to do this. We are introducing this measure to;
- Ensure we meet level 2 and 3 requirements.
- Ensure we are appropriately resourced and prepared for your arrival.
- Make sure we adhere to social distancing recommendations by scheduling ‘pick-ups’ and ‘drop offs’ at staggered intervals.
If you have any queries regarding this, feel free to contact us and we’ll help you out to the best of our ability. And please stay safe out there!
If you’re looking to make a booking for travel after August, GO FOR IT! It only takes a $99 deposit and as mentioned above, your booking/deposit is fully refundable if you cancel just 7 or more days prior to your scheduled campervan pickup collection.
Why choose Hugo Campervan Rentals:
1. Hugo Campers are probably the cheapest rental campervans available in New Zealand.
2. Hugo campers may be old, but they are mechanically well-maintained and reliable.
3. Hugo Campers are also comfortable, with a large queen-sized bed perfect for two adults.
4. Simple insurance options and 24 Roadside Assistance for peace-of mind.
5. All Hugo vans feature a kitchenette including basic cooker, crockery and cutlery.
6. Hugo has depots centrally located in both Auckland and Christchurch and one-way hires are OK*.
What Hugo Hirers Say:
‘Nothing to complain about. We can highly recommend Hugo Campervans. We even prolonged our trip, no problem with that. And the campervan was such a bargain compared to other companies.’
‘We would highly recommend Hugo to all backpackers with a limited budget. We had absolutely no problems during the nearly 7000km we have driven for 6 weeks.’
Heni & Chris
Web Developer, Link
‘More than 300,000km, they are old but 11l per 100km is not too much and the price is better!!’