Cheap, No-Frills New Zealand
Hugo is a cheap way to travel New Zealand. Perfect for the backpacker-on-a-budget or any independent traveller, Hugo campervan rentals are older, higher-mileage vehicles. And whilst Hugo Campers are a little rough around the edges, they are comfortable, economical yet rugged and reliable.
We also support you on the road with our 24 hour roadside assistance programme. So save on your transport and put it towards that once-in-a-lifetime New Zealand adventure. Because to hire from Hugo campervans is cheap…Real Cheap!
IMPORTANT INFORMATION – COVID 19
Hugo Rentals is Open for Business!
On Thursday 14th May, New Zealand moved down to ‘Lockdown Level 2’ which affords us all far more freedom to get about and do the things we want – Provided we do so responsibly of course.
For Hugo Rentals, it means we’re once more open for business. Great News!
But whilst we are open for business, it is not business as usual.
Instead, we are introducing new measures to our campervan ‘check out’ and ‘return’ procedures to ensure we meet the government’s safety guidelines, whilst also protecting our hirers and staff.
So if you’re thinking of hiring a campervan with Hugo Rentals or you’ve already booked with us (thank you) please note the following:
- Campervan collections will be by appointment only.
This is simple to do and can be arranged when you make your reservation using our online booking portal or you can liaise with us via phone or email. We’ll do our best to meet your requirements, but we are introducing this measure to…
- Ensure we are appropriately resourced and prepared for your arrival e.g. We will be disinfecting our customer service area after each check out.
- Make sure we adhere to social distancing requirements by scheduling ‘pick-ups’ and ‘drop offs’ at staggered intervals.
- ‘Contact tracing’ is really important and whilst we’ll have most of your details on file, we will also need a New Zealand contact number. We can provide you with a NZ SIM card if required (free).
We’ll also be requesting information about your current health status and your travel history prior to arriving at our depot.
- We’re taking extra time to groom and disinfect our campervans also. If you hire one of our ‘Bedroom Packs’ that will include linen which has been hot-washed by a professional laundromat (or you can bring your own sleeping bag, provided it is clean also).
- When you’re traveling throughout New Zealand, we want you to have a fantastic time, but we also want you to be safe.
Please adhere to the rules and/or restrictions in place with any attractions or activity operators. You’ll probably need to book many of these in advance, so plan your travel and allow plenty of time. Also make sure you have comprehensive travel insurance which will cover you in case there are any delays.
These are challenging times for all of us, so your support, patience and understanding when booking with or travelling with Hugo is genuinely appreciated.
Thanks again and let’s stay safe out there.
Why choose Hugo Campervan Rentals:
1. Hugo Campers are probably the cheapest rental campervans available in New Zealand.
2. Hugo campers may be old, but they are mechanically well-maintained and reliable.
3. Hugo Campers are also comfortable, with a large queen-sized bed perfect for two adults.
4. Simple insurance options and 24 Roadside Assistance for peace-of mind.
5. All Hugo vans feature a kitchenette including basic cooker, crockery and cutlery.
6. Hugo has depots centrally located in both Auckland and Christchurch and one-way hires are OK*.
What Hugo Hirers Say:
‘Nothing to complain about. We can highly recommend Hugo Campervans. We even prolonged our trip, no problem with that. And the campervan was such a bargain compared to other companies.’
‘We would highly recommend Hugo to all backpackers with a limited budget. We had absolutely no problems during the nearly 7000km we have driven for 6 weeks.’
Heni & Chris
Web Developer, Link
‘More than 300,000km, they are old but 11l per 100km is not too much and the price is better!!’