Cheap, No-Frills New Zealand
Hugo is a cheap way to travel New Zealand. Perfect for the backpacker-on-a-budget or any independent traveller, Hugo campervan rentals are older, higher-mileage vehicles. And whilst Hugo Campers are a little rough around the edges, they are comfortable, economical yet rugged and reliable.
We also support you on the road with our 24 hour roadside assistance programme. So save on your transport and put it towards that once-in-a-lifetime New Zealand adventure. Because to hire from Hugo campervans is cheap…Real Cheap!
Hugo Campervans is Open for Business!
Book Early and Save!
An Hugo Campervan is a great way to experience this wonderful country of ours…
- Really great value! Hugo’s ‘rough and ready’ campers are available during summer from as little as $29 per day.
- 24 On the Road Support. If there’s an issue with your camper, we have 24 hour roadside assistance to keep you moving.
- Easy to Drive. Our campervans are rugged, reliable, comfortable…and really easy to drive.
- Easy to Book. Use our online booking system. A $99 deposit will reserve your Hugo camper for the summer and that deposit is fully refundable if you cancel just 7 or more days prior to your scheduled camper collection.
And whilst New Zealand is now operating under ‘Lockdown Level 1’ (brilliant!) we’re still taking measures to ensure we have good systems in place so that our clients and staff remain safe. Therefore, please note the following:
- Campervan collections will be by appointment only. This is simple to do and can be arranged when you make your reservation using our online booking portal or you can liaise with us via phone or email. We’ll do our best to meet your requirements, but we are introducing this measure to…
- Ensure we are appropriately resourced and prepared for your arrival.
- Make sure we adhere to social distancing recommendations by scheduling ‘pick-ups’ and ‘drop offs’ at staggered intervals.
- ‘Contact tracing’ is still really important and whilst we’ll have most of your details on file, we will also need a New Zealand contact number. We can provide you with a NZ SIM card if required (free).
So think about Hugo Rentals for a cheap New Zealand road-trip and please stay safe out there.
Why choose Hugo Campervan Rentals:
1. Hugo Campers are probably the cheapest rental campervans available in New Zealand.
2. Hugo campers may be old, but they are mechanically well-maintained and reliable.
3. Hugo Campers are also comfortable, with a large queen-sized bed perfect for two adults.
4. Simple insurance options and 24 Roadside Assistance for peace-of mind.
5. All Hugo vans feature a kitchenette including basic cooker, crockery and cutlery.
6. Hugo has depots centrally located in both Auckland and Christchurch and one-way hires are OK*.
What Hugo Hirers Say:
‘Nothing to complain about. We can highly recommend Hugo Campervans. We even prolonged our trip, no problem with that. And the campervan was such a bargain compared to other companies.’
‘We would highly recommend Hugo to all backpackers with a limited budget. We had absolutely no problems during the nearly 7000km we have driven for 6 weeks.’
Heni & Chris
Web Developer, Link
‘More than 300,000km, they are old but 11l per 100km is not too much and the price is better!!’