TERMS & INSURANCE
Yep, the fine print..!
Sorry, we’re not big on fine print either, but every reputable campervan hire New Zealand company has comprehensive insurance options and detailed ‘Terms and Conditions’.
So read on and feel free to contact us if you have any queries.
Hugo includes standard insurance in the daily rate, but that still leaves you liable for any damage caused – to a maximum of $4,000 (our vans might not be worth much, but that Lamborghini you just scraped is!)
Hugo freezes that $3,000 on your credit card and refunds it when the van is returned, as agreed.
Many campervan hirers choose to upgrade their insurance and take out ‘excess waiver insurance’ which can reduce that possible liability right down to nil.
Remember, this is completely optional. Check out Hugo’s three insurance options within the table below and choose the one that is best for you.
- If the insurance excess waiver option is taken, it is valid for the first incident or accident only.
- The liability is capped but all insurance is waived if the vehicle is being driven in a manner which is outside the agreed terms of our contract e.g. Drunk driving, negligence leading to loss etc. In such instances, the hirers can be held liable for all costs associated with any accident or loss.
Hugo’s Fine Print (terms and conditions):
Every rental company has a rental agreement or contract. This is the fine print. Hugo makes a point of being really transparent, so here’s a copy of our terms and conditions for you to have a look at. Feel free to contact Hugo if you have any questions.
These terms and conditions will form part of your rental agreement with Hugo Campervans. We know there’s a lot to take in here, but it is important you understand all the ‘ins’ and ‘outs’ of your hire contract with us. If you don’t, that’s OK. We’ll talk you through it when you collect your van also.
Please note: that our rental agreement has been developed in consultation with the Rental Vehicle Association of New Zealand. This ensures that it is industry standard, protecting the hirer via the New Zealand consumer guarantee act. It also sets out any exclusions and the hirer’s obligations and potential liability.
Remember, if you’re unsure about anything or you have any questions, feel free to drop us a line before you arrive or let us talk you through it when you collect your vehicle.
- If you cancel your confirmed Hugo reservation more than 22 days before your scheduled pick up date, we will refund your deposit in full.
- If you cancel your confirmed Hugo reservation within 7 to 21 days before your scheduled pick up date, you will be charged a cancellation fee of $300 (lose your deposit) or 20% of your total hire cost, whichever is higher.
- If you cancel your confirmed Hugo reservation within 1 to 6 days before your scheduled pick up date, you will be charged a cancellation fee of 50% of your total gross rental cost.
- If you cancel your confirmed Hugo reservation on day of pick up, or you ‘no-show’ (fail to collect your vehicle on the agreed date) then you will be charged 100% of your gross rental cost.
- If you collect your Hugo Campervan later than your booked/scheduled pick up date, there is no refund for any unused days and any unused days cannot be transferred to the end of the hire
- If you return your Hugo Campervan early for any reason whatsoever after travel has commenced, then no refund is available.